A New Build is OUT - Patch 0.6.20. - Codename: Target Acquired
it was amazing to see how our latest patch was received. So many great new reviews and quite a few previously negative ones flipped to positive. We appreciate you all immensely for your vote of confidence! Especially as apparently we left a huge bug in the game that made the late game easier, instead of the early game, as we originally intended. So that's getting fixed but what else comes in this new patch, you might ask? Let's dive in!
Crew Combat Appease Improvements
Appease is a feature that is still not used by many players, though it often holds the key to avoid major losses. With better Appease conversions, the option to offer items going forward, and the improved Auto Offer function, hopefully more players will benefit from this feature. Have we mentioned adding Beast Lures and Ahskulite Charms to distract beasts and Undead from your fleeing forces? Yep. Those. too, are now in the game.
Companion Combat Targeting
Changes to targeting include making a number of new options to configure how you preferred to target your foes and friendlies:
- Using ony the keyboard? Beside picking the Skill with keys 1-4 (and 5 for Move), now you can use 'Tab' to shuffle through available targets, and 'Space' to confirm.
- Okay with mousing over things but want to rest your index finger? You can now hover over the target and trigger the Skill from the keyboard without ever having to click with the mouse.
- Want to do away with having to confirm? Sure, attack like a pro without having to click twice.
There are also visual upgrades, like Area Targeting boxes instead of the previous visual effects on the metal bases of the characters. While these changes are not final and there are further improvements planned, we hope you like this already and find the best combination fitting your play style.
Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
Patch 0.6.20 - Codename: Target Acquired
- Tweaks to the starting comitatus crew composition and beast type stats to enable an easier start
- New open-world starting tutorial added about the game being hard, and also Wasteland vs Dissonance Modes
- Dissonance Mode Heal (camp & event) boost
- Increased the workforce offered on a number of low-income passengers
- Area targeting as an option (instead of having to click on the character bases)
- Area targeting visual update
- Previously targeting steps only worked in this order: Skill > Target > Confirm; now you can also do Target > Skill > Confirm
- You can switch Skills without having to select the target again
- Character selection refreshes the Skill bar to show which Skills can be used on the given target
- Change between targets using 'Tab'
- Confirm Skills with 'Space'
- Option to 'Target First Available' - after selecting a Skill, the first available target gets automatically selected
- 'Hover as Selected' option added
- UI, logic, and performance improvements to the new targeting features
- Unfocused enemies will fade to have a better focus on the target(s)
- Added SFX for a number of enemies
- Item offering option added to Appease/Bribe
- Auto Offer functionality extended to offer Cargo and Items as well
- Beast lures and Undead Charms added in Events (mostly shops in settlements)
- Supply price limit period (Late vs Early game) corrected
- The disappearing character UI during successful Evade with the Acrobatic perk fixed
- Maxed out Cargo hold vs Stash anomalies solved
- Vitality mod anomalies in Dissonance mode after combat & camping fixed
- The bug where market and events did not refresh after 'One more day' fixed
- Journal scroll bar no longer cuts into text/assets
- Exquisite Banner Renown modifier counts towards Event dependencies now
- Various Task/Passenger related validations and auto-repair jobs added
- Rare Discipline/Liberate crash bug fix
- Fixed when some Trade Tasks were not visible on the Chart
- Failed Escort Tasks and stuck Passengers are fixed
- There is a rare bug where the skill selection with keyboard misfires. Planning to apply a hotfix once we are able to reproduce and resolve the issue
- The Companion Perk UI is buggy (lags). Planing to rebuild it.
- Long initial loading time - we will see if we have time to do something about it before 1.0
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now?' - Nope.
'Was it a step in the right direction?' - We think so. Please let us know how you find it.
Coming Up Next
As we work on rounding out the content for the 1.0 release, we are also continuing our final UI upgrades: Crew and Settlement panes will come next.
Stay tuned, stay alive, conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team
Our crowdfunding campaign is LIVE. Take part in our Early Access journey!
Wanna get the game as early as possible with even more content? Please share our pages and posts with your friends through your favorite social media channel(s). Appreciate it!
Get Vagrus - The Riven Realms
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.