A New Build is OUT - Patch 0.5.25. - Codename: Beasty
this patch is a beast in all sense. So many new features and changes have been added that if you ever considered starting a new play-through, this might be the perfect time for it. A shedload of tweaks has been applied to make the early game a little more forgiving (without making the late game easier), and we look forward to your feedback on the direction of these changes.
Important note: considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. 😀 If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details.
Patch 0.5.25 - Codename: Beasty!
- Dynamic pricing allows for higher profits in smaller quantities. See our detailed design post.
- Enter Companion Combat from Crew Combat - actions enabled
- The two combats 'run parallel' - you get to play first the Comp combat and see the result impacting the Crew combat side
- You can decide which companions fight in which combat but only in one (meaning their CS/Def do not count in crew combat)
- Every Crew Combat round allows you to fight six rounds in Comp combat. After that, the battle continues
- Victory (killing all enemies) achieved within the six rounds causes 10 grit damage to the enemy
- Defeat ( all deployed companions pushed to downed/out of combat) results in serious morale loss (so you better take it seriously)
- Summoning Skills for Necromancers and Hollow Eyes
- Price History is a new tool for all vagri to track goods' prices across settlements
- Equipment design changes - new slots, unlocked by deputy assignments
- Equipment can be mounted into one or more slots specifically and the Miscellaneous slot is no longer a default for all
- Faction Flag selection (incl. minimap flag)
- Beast Type change option at the Manios between Mammal and Reptile
New / Updated Content or Game Mechanics
- Created alternative versions for some of the bandit roster characters
- Few dozen Event balancing changes
- Beast & Mount Buy-Sell ratio corrected
- New game default beast type: Mammal
- Indirect Faction reputation change is not limited to the [-1 : 3] tier range
- A metric ton of smaller economy & crew combat tweaks
- Some Equipment stat changes [a shed load of new equipment coming soon as Faction Rewards]
- Road Tax event priority change (High to Preferred)
- Road Tax event no longer considers goods in Stash
- Road Tax event option to pay with Supplies
- Leader and Elite unit kills cause additional Grit loss to the enemy [regardless of dying from comp combat or crew combat damage]
User Interface Improvements
- Graphics config within Options (no pop-up)
- Options menu overhaul
- Combat Clash Speed option added (1.5x set as default)
- Combat Round Announcements
- Character turn announcement
- Turn off tutorials for Open-World gameplay
- Equipment is now listed in two columns
- Criftaa Suppressing Shot + Evade crash fixed
- Negative Power stat companion freeze fixed
- Mass trading buttons removed from Discipline and Liberate screens
- Selling equipment when full cargo exploit fixed
- Empty Odd jobs result after settlement Rest due Scouting lock on the Camp UI
- Deputy perk refund exploit removed
- Death animation restored to its original size
- We will explore options to reduce the initial loading time.
- The visual presentation of Companion Combat skills with two phases is not final yet.
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now'? - Nope.
'Was it a step in the right direction?' - We think so. Please let us know how you find it.
Stay tuned, stay alive, conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team
Our crowdfunding campaign is LIVE. Take part in our Early Access journey!
Wanna get the game as early as possible with even more content? Please share our pages and posts with your friends through your favorite social media channel(s). Appreciate it!
Get Vagrus - The Riven Realms
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.